COMMUNITY JUNK/BULK SERVICE DAY
City of Shepherdsville – 3/2/2023 & 8/3/2023
Junk pickup day is day to set out multiple large items. Normal junk pickup consists of hot water heaters, washers, dryers, dishwashers, couches, chairs, coffee and end tables, miscellaneous toys, garage items, tools, grills, bicycles, lawn mowers, refrigerators, etc. The following is a general guideline for acceptable and non-acceptable items, as well as acceptable with exceptions. Limit of 4 items
- Mattresses, box springs, and fabric upholstered furniture must be wrapped in plastic.
- Lawnmowers must have gas tanks removed and broken down as much as possible.
- Gas grills without any tank/propane and broken down as much as possible.
Metal swing sets and basketball goals must be broken down. No pieces longer than 4ft and no concrete on legs or base.
- Mailboxes cannot be more than 4ft and no concrete on base.
- Freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc., must have the Freon/refrigerant captured and removed by a certified HVAC technician who will then tag the unit for acceptable pickup.
- Carpet must be cut into 4ft length, rolled, and tied for handling.
- No construction/demolition debris. This includes, but limited to; studs, drywall, sinks, tubs, toilets, cabinets, etc.
- No fencing or wooden structures such as swing sets, sheds, decking, etc.
- No concrete, brick, tile, etc.
- No liquids of any kind such as paint, thinners, pesticides/insecticides, household cleaners, motor oils, fuels, etc. Water-based paint is acceptable but needs to be solidified with kitty litter or other granular absorbent material.
- No medical bio-hazards; sharps, chemo diapers, oxygen tanks, etc.
- No electronics
- No large vehicle parts, body or interior
- No tires of any kind
- No landscaping material such as; logs, railroad ties, landscape timbers, concrete blocks, dirt, or sod.
- No yard waste material; logs, stumps, shrubs, etc.
If you have any questions regarding material not list or are unclear, 502-638-9000